Friday, May 1, 2009

Sewing nightgowns for the girls

So it was that time of year, the weathers getting nicer, fleece is not needed just to stay comfortable and the girls needed nightgowns. So I decided that this year I would make them as they really should be pretty simple. For these I took a t-shirt pattern, added length and some embellishments and there ya go.
First up is one for Araya that I actually made from a nightgown that was 10 sizes too big for me yet still cute and brand new.
Photobucket
Next is one for Nevaeh that is from my favorite fabric ever. I love Toile fabric especially in reds and I wanted to use this for something fun but was scared she was getting too old for a t-shirt from it. So here is what I did, I added lace to the bottom to dress it up and I just love this nighty.
Photobucket
The next one I had a very hard time deciding if it should be a nightgown or a dress. I used flowered rick rack that is so cute, and I added lingerie elastic to the arm holes to keep it sleeveless.
Photobucket
And the last one that I have completed is from another fabric that I just loved but didn't have a lot of it. I added ribbon to the middle to give it some detail and love how it turned out.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment